1. The Bible is the inerrant Word of God, sufficient for faith and practice.
2. God is a Trinity in essence – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. Jesus Christ is God manifested in the Flesh being Virgin Born and Sinless.
4. His Death on the Cross was necessary as a substitutiary atonement for the transgressions of all mankind. His Resurrection and Ascension in Heaven assures all mankind of His ability to give salvation to whosoever will.
5. One receives Salvation by God’s Grace is delivered personally by the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ and the Father to all who repent and believe the Gospel.
6. Each believer has Jesus Christ as a personal Savior & High Priest to the Father, while being indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
7. Each local Church is independent of any Denominational Control and is directly under Jesus Christ – The Chief Shepherd.
8. The Two Ordinances; Water Baptism (observed immediately after Salvation) and the Lord’s Supper (observed repeatedly after Salvation) are for Christians only. Heaven and Hell are literal locations in God’s Creation; Heaven is abode of our Creator and for all the Saved of the Ages, while Hell and then the Lake of Fire are reserved for all the Unsaved of all the Ages.
9. The Great Commission of each local church is to Evangelize everyone possible here and on each foreign field.
10. Jesus Christ is personally and visibly Returning to Earth to culminate the works of darkness and deliver each believer into his and her eternal rewards.
Having been led, as we believe, by the Spirit of God, to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior, and on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, we do now in the presence of God, angels and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body in Christ.
We engage, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian love; to strive for the advancement of this church in knowledge, holiness, and comfort; to promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline and doctrines; to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expense of the church, the relief of the poor and the spread of the gospel through all nations.
We also engage to maintain family and secret devotions; to religiously educate our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances; to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements and exemplary in our deportment; to avoid all tattling, backbiting and excessive anger; to abstain from the sale and use of intoxicating drink as a beverage; and to be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Savior.
We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember each other in prayer; to aid each other in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech; to be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation, and mindful of the rules of our Savior to secure it without delay.
We moreover engage that when we remove from this place, we will, as soon as possible, unite with some other church, where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God's Word.
When you enter the doors of the Arlington Park Church--- You will be greeted with warmness by our Hospitality ministry! Our Sunday Morning Worship Celebrations are left under authority of the Holy Spirit; ushered in by way of anointed, God-centered Music Ministry and the Preaching of the Uncompromising Gospel of Jesus Christ! Come in expecting Miracles, Signs, and Wonders! We are an Open Arms Ministry equipping believers with the tools needed to build the Kingdom of God and be productive citizens in our communities. We have several ministries functioning at Arlington Park; there's bound to be a place just for you!
In the early years of Arlington Park Community Development there was no Sunday School or church to worship in. Therefore on April 1, 1952 Brother and Sister A. H. Jordon opened their home at 1327 Sleepy Hollow Drive for Sunday School, under the leadership of Mrs. Beulah Strine, a missionary who had a vision. On April 6, 1952 thirteen children gather for Sunday school. The Sunday school continued to grow and attendance grew to around forty-eight and larger quarters were needed to accommodate.
In June 1952, Mrs. Eric Lawler procured a tent for them from Bernie Morris of the Texas Christ Movement. Mrs. Lawler held a daily vacation bible school with over seventy present daily. Brother Fowler brought the evangelistic appeal, and thirty-one new converts came to Christ and the church continued to grow.
On July 23, 1952, Moderator R. C. McNeal and ministers of the Peaceful Rest District Association organized the Arlington Park First Baptist Church and Reverend N. R. Washington served for a short time. Then Reverend Coleman was called. The first officers to the church were elected.
God saw fit to allow the church to purchase two lots from the water department. Late in the years of 1954, a move was made from the tent to a new church edifice located at Record Crossing and Van Winkle Boulevard facing Record Crossing. The church continued to grow and prosper under the leadership of Reverend H.W. Bell. In the year of 1963, we had again out grown our edifice, and God blesses us to building another church. Our services were moved to the Arlington Park Elementary School auditorium, and in 1964, we moved into the church as it now stands. Under Reverend Bell’s leadership we purchased three lots adjacent to our present church.
In the year of 1987, Pastor Bell was called from labor to reward. On the second Sunday in May 1987, Reverend David Jones Sr. became the fourth pastor of this great church.